The exact measurement of a space in which concrete will be added is a key factor. The more accurate, the better, since it cannot be done with over-accuracy. There is no such thing. This can be done by:• Experienced employees
• Real communication with the job contractor
• Clear expectations from all sidesUnderstanding the project is important, so the chief contractor must be clear about what must be done, down to the letter. The concrete company then must follow the plan since it’s tough to redo concrete. Good companies inspire trust so everyone can relax.THE CREW
We send the right people for the job and the right amount of people for the size of the job. We plan for the job, the tools needed and the length of time it will take to successfully complete it. We measure:
1. Length, width and height of the area
2. Find the cubic yards of concrete needed, mathematically
3. Use the scale to know how much goes where
One example of the scale is that 3 inches = 1 foot, or 1/4 scale. The scale might be 1/8, which means 1 1/2 inches = 1 foot. There is a concrete calculator for figuring out how many bags of concrete you need, but the professionals bring a big, huge truck full of concrete and they already know the amount. The crew then spreads it around the area as it pours out of the truck. You realize how much work this is and feel relieved.
Does this project need a building permit? Someone has to find out for residential and commercial sites before concrete is even mixed. Do you need gravel on top of dirt before concrete is poured? Does the plot have the slope needed to lay concrete as it should be done?
An online family handyman site lists all of the things to be done, in order, to complete a DIY project with concrete. It becomes long and heavy reading. It makes you call the concrete company. No homeowner has enough tools, or the proper tools, to lay concrete unless their family has a concrete company.
THE HAPPY ENDING
This is something to celebrate. It occurs after the cement truck leaves and the concrete is dry. Bask in the hard surface laid where you wanted it and the plus of not having a severe back ache since someone else did the work. Open the beverages, bring out the chocolate and stand on, sit on or admire a well done concrete job!